An experienced and CIPD qualified HR Consultant who focuses on the commercial and practical application of the employment relationship – ensuring organisations are legally compliant and able to manage their staff in the most suitable way possible. Providing a one stop shop of HR services for SME’s, he is sensitive and responsive to employers’ needs.
His professionalism is combined with a ‘down to earth’ approach and a sense of humour which helps build strong, sound relationships quickly.
Supporting a diverse range of employers, examples of sectors include:
Neil works closely with the MD/ Proprietor/ Senior Management Team of SME employers and providing bespoke advice and appropriate documentation on a project, interim or retained basis.
Examples of assignments undertaken for clients include:
- Advising on employment law rights, obligations and compliance issues on a daily basis;
- Producing employment contracts, handbooks, policies & procedures;
- Managing redundancy programmes from start to finish including outplacement & counselling services;
- Advising on disciplinary & grievance issues, through to dismissal;
- Organising & delivering coaching / briefing sessions on performance appraisals;
- Advising on how to reduce absenteeism and long term sickness;
- Setting up recruitment initiatives, attending interviews, conducting personality profiling reports;
- Holding training seminars and workshops e.g. redundancy, employment law, discipline and grievance etc
ROBERT POWELL - Director & Solicitor
Rob has 19 years experience as a solicitor and is an employment law specialist, having worked in private practice with some well known large firms in Lincolnshire and then latterly as an in-house lawyer in the private sector.
His work for The Personnel Dept includes:
- advising on complex legal employment matters;
- drafting specific legal documentation e.g. restrictive covenants, directors service agreements, compromise agreements;
- representing and supporting our clients at Tribunal, and;
- delivering bespoke employment law training seminars.
Rob can also advise on other legal and commercial matters such as Data protection, Health & Safety, contracts and agreements.
With Rob delivering legal services in the same flexible way, The Personnel Dept is more than well placed to offer a suitable, convenient and more cost effective comparable service than that offered by any traditional firm of solicitors.
HR ASSOCIATES who deliver project work:
- Heidi Thompson
- Ian Williams