From 1 April 2018 the following increases shall apply:
- 25 year olds and above) from £7.50 to £7.83 per hour
- 21 to 24 year old rate from £7.05 to £7.38 per hour
- 18 to 20 year old rate from £5.60 to £5.90 per hour
- 16 to 17 year old from £4.05 to £4.20 per hour
- Apprentice rate from £3.50 to £3.70 per hour.
Note re Payslips:
Since we are talking about pay here, the Employment Rights Act 1996 (Itemised Pay Statement) (Amendment) Order 2018 was laid before Parliament last month. It requires payslips to state number of hours being paid where wages vary according to time worked; either as an aggregate number of hours or as separate figures for different types of work (or rate of pay). However, this comes into force on 6 April 2019. If you already do this anyway, then bravo!
Impact on Employers?
You should write to your workers to confirm any applicable increases as a result of these changes and out a copy on their personnel file. If you would like a template letter to use, just get in touch..